In terms of internationalisation, the managing entity of the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía works closely with entities such as chambers of commerce, national governments, universities, embassies ... etc. The PTA fosters the development of technological communication and co-operation networks amongst the different entities that comprise it, thereby permitting the transfer of technological knowledge and the promotion of business collaboration in an ever-more international sphere.
MÁLAGA GLOBAL, INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY GROUP
The managing entity of the PTA organises and coordinates a work group whose main objective is to unite international development strategies, such as the sharing of projects on a global scale and the search for joint ventures.
The International Strategy Group is made up of the most important institutions in the city: The City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Confederation of Employers of Málaga (CEM), Provincial Council, Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía-PTA and the University of Málaga-UMA, as well as the CIEDES Foundation, Promálaga and Bic Euronova.
This group was started with the goal of encouraging internationalisation, not just for Málaga companies, but for the city and province.
The setting up of “Málaga Global”, a promotional tool designed to be a business card, stands out among its main successes. It is a video that merges various aspects of the province, fusing together the main highlights that make it unique.
CO-OPERATION WITH THE ALGARVE REGION (Portugal) UMA - Nera
Co-operation has been initiated between the University of Málaga, the University of the Algarve in Portugal, the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía, S.A. in Spain and Nera, the Association of Young Entrepreneurs in the Algarve, with the joint goal of developing the following:
- Co-operation at an international level, providing training activities and creating networks between the signatory institutions.
- Promoting interest in research and teaching activities at the respective institutions.
- Strengthening the knowledge of each institution in terms of the economic, cultural and social themes related to counterparts.
- Developing and promoting international links and the establishment of networks between each partner in terms of technology transfer and marketing, technological infrastructures and international projects.
CO-OPERATION WITH THE REGION OF UMBRIA (Italy)
Following on from the links created during the creation of the Med Technopolis project (www.medtechnopolis.eu), the Umbria region and the Regional Government of Andalucía are working on carrying out joint actions with the purpose of:
- Strengthening co-operative relationships and territorial partnerships between the respective regions.
- Capitalising on interventions put in place by the European Projects which they participated in, directly or through other entities in their territories, within the European Programming period 2007 - 2013 and before.
- Promoting socio-economic development in the territories involved, in contrast to the current economic crisis, in full respect of reciprocally-assumed international obligations resulting from EU membership.
- Promoting processes of innovation and internationalisation for the companies located in the respective locations, and promoting the creation of new companies.
LATIN AMERICAN LINK
Together with various Latin American entities and institutions, the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía is currently developing a virtual link which will create a space for dialogue and learning for Latin American districts and technology parks, which in themselves form a business, academic and governmental network which impacts heavily on the societies in which they exist in terms of income, education and employment.
The partners in this group are: Parque Tecnológico Andalucía, Parque Tecnológico San Sebastian, Spain; Monterrey IT Cluster, Mexico; National Cluster Council; ICT Ministry, Colombia; Red Parquesoft, Colombia; CAPATEC, Panama; Ciudad del Saber, Panama; CAMTIC, Costa Rica; Porto Digital, Brazil; Think CAP, Italy and the Chamber of Commerce of the Technological District of Buenos Aires.
The main objectives are:
- Create a business link between companies based in clusters.
- Attract investment in clusters.
- Evaluate outsourcing possibilities.
- Share technologies and research.
- Establish an employment market between sector entities.
- Exchange information between members.
EUROPEAN ENTREPRENEURSHIP NETWORK (ENTREPRENEURIAL SERVICES)
As part of the Med Technopolis project, the European Entrepreneurs Network was created, which strengthens synergies between European companies, promoting future collaborations and networking, giving greater visibility to member companies and strengthening their internationalisation.