Support for the internationalisation of companies
The Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía, S.A. has an international focus that has increased in recent years. However, the PTA does not solely seek its own internationalisation, but also carries out various actions directed towards companies located in the park, helping them to gain access to global markets.
REVERSE AND DIRECT TRADE MISSIONS
The managing entity of the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía and the Málaga Chamber of Commerce, with the support of embassies and public administrations, amongst others, organise annual trade missions with the main aim of making contact with companies, associations and business institutions.
The main aim of these missions is to create a prospectus on pre-existing possibilities and potential in various international markets. Both joint and individual work schedules are arranged with local companies, in order to determine the possibility of reaching an agreement on commercial, technical and financial partnerships.
Some examples of direct missions that the PTA has undertaken are:
Whilst the reverse trade missions that stand out are:
The Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía frequently undertakes bilateral meetings with various companies and institutions. At these meetings, the participants have a specific diary of meetings which is created beforehand, according to the profile and needs of the participants.
SOFTLANDING FOR BUSINESSES
The Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía works to facilitate access to international markets for those companies who, whilst located in the Park, wish to evaluate other parks. Similarly, the Park offers this service to foreign companies that, with a specific prior agreement, wish to evaluate the Spanish market. Agreements were signed to facilitate a softlanding service to companies, through which companies could establish themselves free of charge in other parks for a limited time, taking advantage of active support during the setting-up process, especially for the following activities:
- Technical assistance in company set up (administrative procedures)
- Assistance in the creation of new collaborative links with local, regional, national and international partners.
- Access to local, regional, national and international business networks.
- Support in establishing connections with local entities and companies (universities, chambers of commerce, city councils, etc).
- Meetings with companies and local entities, with the goal of establishing new contacts and service providers, and to encourage the creation of Co-operation Agreements and possible joint ventures.
- Support in searching for a location for the company's eventual premises, visits to strategic areas within the PTA.
- Tutoring service and follow up for the company on behalf of the staff of the Park.
These are some of the most important Softlanding examples the PTA has carried out with other Technology Parks:
- Ciudad del Saber Technology Park (Panama)
- Lispolis Technological Park (Lisbon)
- Tetuanshore Park (Morocco)
- SUPERA, Ribeirão Preto Innovation and Technology Park (Brazil)
- Fundación Parque Tecnológico Ítaipu [Ítaipu Technological Park Foundation] (Brazil)
Contact: Sonia Palomo, Deputy Director for Technology Transfer and International Relations.