One of the leading technology-and-innovation hubs in both Spain and Europe
Over 20,000 professionals working on site
The Information Technology sector (Electronics, Information, IT and Telecommunications) remains the most prominent sector at Málaga TechPark in line with previous years, accounting for 34% of companies as a whole, with 64% employment in that sector, turning over 56% of the 2019 total.
- Over 10,000 people working in and around digital technology
- Over 2000 people working in the field of R&D
- 58% male and 42% female
- An international setting: Professionals of over 35 nationalities working at Málaga TechPark companies
Strategic partnership with the University
- The University of Málaga is the main talent pool for Málaga TechPark companies with more than 35,000 students and over 6,000 studying engineering
- The University of Málaga and Málaga TechPark maintain a close collaboration which helps to attract talent
- We work together on designing and launching academic programmes and plans specifically for meeting the Park’s demand for professionals
- The University of Málaga research groups are at the forefront of disruptive technology associated with the Park’s business activities
Collaboration and Professional Training
We work alongside Professional Training Institutes of the city of Málaga and the province, enabling Málaga TechPark companies to absorb practices and talent from professional training.
Modules taught at these centres include telecommunication installations, microcomputer systems and networks, web-application development, and multiplatform application development.
At present, all the major companies collaborate with Málaga’s professional training institutes.